Tuesday, February 27, 2007

No, Clare, I'm not pregnant

And we have another new addition to our family. Really, Clare, I promise I'm not expecting a baby. Nope, my new bundle of joy is the brand new, bright orange 2007 Dodge Caliber sitting in our driveway. I'm in love.

The car is a "Yay, I didn't die!" congratulatory pat on the back and gift to myself. Hubby and I tried to be so environmentally conscious going down to a single car and puttering around town in George the Prius. But it was just too hard. Cleveland is not convenient for the carless. It got to the point that I was scheduling my gazillion doctor appointments around his work schedule. It was also up to him to do all the errands and the grocery shopping since I couldn't very well walk home from the store carrying the 17-lb. bag of dog food we get each time.

So we got the Caliber this past weekend. It is so cute. I feel so sporty zipping around town with the sunroof and the satellite radio. It's even got a "chill zone" for beverages in the glove compartment. Though, I don't think that is intended for anything less wholesome than pop or water.

So now all that's left is a name. Any suggestions? Hubby suggested Santiago or Chiquita, but the latter makes me think of the color yellow. Hmmm, what to name my new pride and joy?

Congratulations to me for pulling through!

Pat, pat, pat.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...you could call it Sherbert, or Sherb for short. Or maybe Fanta,Sunkist. While Chicquita reminds me of bananas, it is a fun name. Ooooo or what about Mandy, like short for manderinas (the spanish word for manderin oranges). Oh, Rachel said General Lee, like the Dukes of Hazard.

Lynette

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I hope when you and J do eventually start having kids, you're not going to pop them out as fast as you've been popping out the new cars lately! Hee, hee!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home