Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The beat goes on

I'm a little late in spreading the good news, but my legions of docs decided I don't need to have a defibrillator implanted. Woohoo!

My docs did a new echo and decided that my heart function (the amount of blood your heart pumps out. A normal person's is about 60%) has improved even further to 40% from 30% in January and 15% in November. Unfortunately, I had my echo while all of the cardiologists were at a national conference in New Orleans, so I had the "leftover" staff there to read it. I am sure they are all quite good, but the person who deciphered my test put my heart function at only 25%. Ummm, hello! That would have been unfortunate! But my cardio reread the scan and had several other colleagues look at it, and they all agreed on the improvement!

Yay, no more hardware for me! At least for now.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such great news! I'm so happy for you!!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

Great news! :-)

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so great!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home