Monday, May 07, 2007

Musical motivation

I am probably one of the least athletic people you will probably ever meet. I've never worked out, save for my stint on the high school pom squad. Despite the fact that I'm only 140 lbs. at 6'2" tall, you can definitely identify my slacker-ness due to my serious lack of toning.

On doctor's orders, however, I have been attending cardiac rehab. I am the youngest one in my class by about thirty years, but I LOVE it. I only go three days a week, but I find myself craving the workout on my days off. I spend an hour those mornings cycling, walking on the treadmill and lifting weights. (Don't be too impressed, the weights are only 2-3 lbs.)

The only terrible part is the music. I simply cannot stay motivated listening to Johnny Cash or The Four Seasons. The rehab office has their own mix of CDs, but they are definitely not intended for listeners of my generation. (The funniest part, however, is when the Beastie Boys' "Brass Monkey" comes on. Most of my fellow rehabbers look a little confused and startled.)

I have persuaded Clare to make me a kicking-cardiac-rehab's-butt mix, so I can't wait until my workouts are infused with better tunes! I'm voting for the "Don't Phunk with my Heart" by the Black Eyed Peas. I think that would be a fitting tribute to my ordeal!

Any other suggestions?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry--your musical salvation will be arriving shortly! I've determined a good playlist; now I just need to shuffle some songs from one computer to the other so I can burn the CD. Oh, and of course I have to work on the cover art. But hopefully I can get it in the mail soon.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

I've been doing rehab work for my back, because I messed it up playing volleyball.They usually have on U93, but a couple weeks ago they had on country music. It made me laugh, but it wasn't very motivating.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home